Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Transplant T-12 hours

Checked into Baptist today to get ready for transplant tomorrow.
Met with admissions to get paper work in order. Transferred to outpatient day room. Had EKG of heart, blood tests (17 vials), x-ray of lungs. Met with transplant team; surgeon and surgical fellow, anesthesia and fellows, dialysis nursing staff.
Saw Amy for a while in her room down the hall.

All tests came back good. Cleared for take off....or put in, I guess.

Did my last dialysis exchange tonight and I am now empty for the first time in a couple years. I feel 5 pounds lighter...literally.

I am still at complete peace and feel at ease about the entire process. I'm having no real fears or anxieties tonight, just ready to get to the next step. Hard to explain, but it feels like the doorway to the next BIG chapter in our lives and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

Thank you all for all your support of our family in this time. I can't tell you how much it means to us.

I'll try to continue to post each day how things are going, but if I can't post again tomorrow, Kyla will be posting each day on our family site.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Anthony. You will be a new person tomorrow. I know you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers that everything went well today and your new kidney is making urine and flushing out toxins as I type. What a HUGE day and a HUGE blessing from above. I happened upon your blog because I typed in the wrong address to my toddler's son's page www.diaryofakidneykid.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete