Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dear organ donor.....

Dear organ donor,
I do not know you, but you saved my life. I am writing this before a deadly accident has befallen you, but it will. You will die, but in that death, you will save my life. You will give my children a father to grow up with, you will give my wife her husband for a few more good years, you will give my parents their child for a while longer. I want you to know that I do not wish this on your life, but I will try to make your sacrifice worth it. I will live my life to the fullest for the both of us. I will try to find courage to attempt what I fear I cannot do, I will look for the will power to keep going when there is no way to do so, I will try to make my life all the God would have me to be without losing heart. I want to thank you now before it is too late. A simple decision to be an organ donor, while probably an afterthought at the time, will save my life in the future. I want to thank your family, for while my family will be celebrating my life, your family will be mourning your loss. I will probably never know who you are, but maybe you will somehow stumble across my humble blog and read this. If you are an organ donor, then this blog is for you. I may not receive life from you, but someone will. From all of us awaiting a hero, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment